During summer, Station Vu in Montréal projects movies on a huge screen in a park that borders the St. Lawrence river. Appalaches, with whom I was playing guitar at the time, was invited to perform as an opening act for a movie, and to take advantage of the big canvas to project video during the performance.
I created a set of live video editing tools so that video projections could also be part of the band's live performance.
- Hardware: Novation Remote Zero SL (MIDI controller), computer, projector
- Software: Max
- Music composed and performed by Appalaches.
- Video scenes used for Spotari are taken from Kubrick's Dr. Strangelove.
- Animations used for Nola are drawn by James Paterson.
- Video scenes used for Soleicare are taken from Nankyoku Monogatari.
- Live video editing performed by Jon Yu.
- Photos by Sébastien Legault, Annie Fafard, and Jon Yu.
- Performance filmed by Jon Yu.
- Performance hosted by Station Vu on August 8th 2013.